Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Pix.

On 3/25/13 6:59 AM, willshak wrote:
harry wrote:
Interesting colour pictures of 1930's America.
http://extras.denverpost.com/archive/captured.asp

Will these days return?

I hope not. This was during the Great Depression, and I was there.

And Dust Bowl days. My mom grew up on a farm in south central
Nebraska. She remembers red dust on clothes hanging on the clothes
lines. That dust must've come from Oklahoma.
Some pics he http://tinyurl.com/bw7puxe
I think that was when the first farm programs started.
Unemployment was maybe 25% in the cities. The U.S. government didn't
want a bunch of unemployed farm families adding to the problem.