Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default advice on router bits for cabinet doors

On 3/26/13 1:02 PM, wrote:
So you mounted the router straight to the 1/2 inch mdf and did not
use an insert?

Assuming you're replying to me :-).....

Yep, directly to the tabletop. No seems and the melamine was very
smooth, so the wood moved effortlessly across the top.

Your router probably has some sort of plastic plates that sits on it
when it's not in the table mount, right? That can be used as a template.
If not, get some cheap little allen head set screw the same thread as
the router base. Insert them, point side out, into the router base, dab
a little nail polish or paint or oil on the tips. Place the router down
or up against the mdf (or whatever you use) and it will mark the holes.
You can also sharpen the allen screws to pointy tips and just press hard
to leave indents in the table top to mark the hole locations.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--