Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default advice on router bits for cabinet doors

wrote in
:

So is a table saw ok if not doing a arched type raised panel?

If you make raised panels on a table saw, you're limited to panels
with beveled or coved edges. With a router, you can produce
whatever type of edges you can find a bit for.

If I were to get a bigger router, how could I tell if I can make
it work on my benchtop ryobi table?

RTFM. The owner's manual for the router table probably tells what routers will and won't fit it.

Most of my tools are not great quality. I have a delta benchtop
table saw from lowes, a harbor freight miter saw, a 1950's era
jointer, a craftsman planer and the ryobi benchtop router and
table. I wish I had better stuff....

Lots of people have done very good work with tools no better than that. Don't worry about
upgrading your tools until you find that your technique has improved to the point that your
ability to produce better work is limited by the tools and not by your own skills.