Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Transition Zone Transition Zone is offline

Default Electrical help. (Adding outlet to light switch box)

Well , see an electrician, because a licensed electrician has to sign
off on the work in the long run, anway.

On Mar 25, 9:21*pm, "Wild_Bill" wrote:
What Bruce said, although I wouldn't add a receptacle to a

lighting
circuit... keeping them separate is more sensible.

Even then, to avoid overloading the panel, you have to do it the HARD
way and you should draw a brand new line of 12-3 straight from the
main panel (hopefully its already a 60 amp breaker, which means
there's plenty of room for extra devices). That way, you force
yourself to find out whether the light circuit is 277v or a high leg
or something other than 120v. (outside of the US of America
everything is 220v, so disregard)

Receptacles downstream/after the GFCI receptacle have the same protection if
installed properly.

Yes, that's the load side in series (you should specify that).

Otherwise, I'd add a 12-2 plus ground circuit from the service box and
terminate with a GFCI receptacle located in a convenient location (leaving a
pigtail at a convenient location on the protected side of the GFCI, nutted
and placed in a secured handy box will provide the convenience of easy
future expansion of the GFCI circuit).

Add all new devices from wiring DIRECTLY from the panel and that's
only if there's room. Adding branches on to these 20 amp breakers
that nearly everyone has aren't to be toyed with.