Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On Mar 26, 12:59*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 26/03/13 08:23, Mike Lane wrote: Mike Tomlinson wrote on Mar 26, 2013:

3) I have no particular leanings either way on the climate change
argument. *Some people say the amount of sea ice has hardly changed,
some say it's massively reduced. *I don't know who to believe.

I don't think there is any doubt that the arctic sea ice has reduced over the
last decade. The fact that the north west passage is now routinely navigable
during summer months is surely sufficient evidence of this?

https://hapaglloydcruises.wordpress....hwest-passage/

yes, it did. But so too has it done before, many times.
And this year its already well ABOVE last years figures.

I expect its 'only weather' after all :-)

* hell we know that there were rising temps between 1970 and 1998, and
eventually that would cause ice to melt, and the melting of that ice -
as the AGW ists themselves told us, would potentially block the gulf
stream leading to colder NW europe.

What they didn't do was to finish that off by saying 'and that would of
course re-freeze the arctic'.

*shrug* so thirty years of warming has melted the arctic a bit, causing
colder weather that will re-freeze the arctic. It doesn't mean that CO2
has anything to do with it.

Its all part of the massive multi decadal climate oscillations that we
know happen anyway. El nino/La Nina, pacific decadal, North Atlantic
oscillation, etc etc. these all happen at different rates depending on
the time lags inherent in the air and water and land masses involved,
and sometimes they are all in step and we get GLOBAL WARMING or A MINI
ICE AGE and sometimes they are out of step and we get AVERAGE CLIMATE.

No CO2 is involved at all. No polar bears were harmed in the making of
this post. etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gl..._1880-2012.svg