Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On 26/03/13 13:47, Nightjar wrote:
On 26/03/2013 11:44, Tim Watts wrote:
On Tuesday 26 March 2013 11:31 Martin Brown wrote in uk.d-i-y:

There is a rearguard action by US coal, Exxon and it's deniers for hire
to prevent the general public hearing what scientists have to say. They
honed their disinformation skills working for big tobacco manufacturing
doubt to keep the suckers smoking. And it is a very effective tactic.

With everyone talking ******** and running with an agenda (both ways)
how do
*I* know who to believe?

My position is to carry on as normal until the nonsense can be sorted
out.

You say a majority of meteorologists agree that greenhouse gasses are
driving climate change. Do you have a link or a book/paper that says
so? I'm
am prepared at this stage to read something thick if I have to.

The best the IPCC managed was to ask loaded questions, then use very
broad categories, rather than actual percentages of responses, to try to
imply that the answers to them showed that the majority of scientists
agreed. Reading the results carefully, I am inclined to think that about
2 out of 3 of the contributors were willing to concede that human
activity may have had some, unquantified and not necessarily
significant, effect on the climate.

Hell even I will concede that the effect of human activities on climate
is non zero. I'll even admit there is a certainty that excess CO2 in the
atmosphere will make a small difference as well. As will the fart that
my dog has just let off.

But that's a far cry from blaming the future of the entire planet on him
fr nicking that catfood.

Enron and Gore started this going to sell GAS instead of COAL. they
freaked a bit at windmills till they realised

- windmills dont reduce the need for fossil fuel
- windmills work better with gas, anyway.

And the best way to disguise the fact that it was all dreamed up for
profit by fossil fuel companies was to claim that anyone who opposed it
was funded by fossil fuel companies for profit.

So you bunged a few million to greenpeace, FOE, renewable energy/climate
research this that an the other. To generate a steady stream of 'on
message' articles all peer reviewed by your eco chums. Its all
blindsiding. The important thing as to ensure everybody used more GAS.

So, attack coal attack nuclear and attack oil, and gouge away

The russians recognised it immediately. They have lots of GAS. Great.
They are master propagandists. It's their old CND network that is the
greenpeace and FOE of today. Yes, that's the one that told you that
reactors are atomic bombs waiting to happen, that nuclear power is just
another name for nuclear weapons, that atomic fallout would destroy all
life on the planet and there was no such thing as a safe level of
radiation. Is it a coincidence that the Guardians financial decline
started at the same time the USSR disintegrated?

Colin Bignell

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.