Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On Tuesday 26 March 2013 13:21 dennis@home wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On 26/03/2013 11:44, Tim Watts wrote:
On Tuesday 26 March 2013 11:31 Martin Brown wrote in uk.d-i-y:

There is a rearguard action by US coal, Exxon and it's deniers for hire
to prevent the general public hearing what scientists have to say. They
honed their disinformation skills working for big tobacco manufacturing
doubt to keep the suckers smoking. And it is a very effective tactic.

With everyone talking ******** and running with an agenda (both ways) how
do *I* know who to believe?

My position is to carry on as normal until the nonsense can be sorted
out.

The logically way is to ignore the arguments as none of them can be
proven as the system is chaotic and the data is poor.

+1

This means reacting to what is really happening, like insulate your
house to save money as energy prices rise.

Indeed.

From the UKIP energy document I posted a link to earlier:

"The 2008 Climate Change Act: This Act is one of the most expensive ever
passed in peace time, threatening costs of £18 billion a year for forty
years. We must repeal this Act as it underpins all these damaging taxes and
red tape policies."

Now - that is one claim I'd like to research in detail. Seems a bit
"headliney". But if it is true, let's see what else we could do with 18
billion in one year.

Cost of triple glazing a house - dunno for sure, but if we run on a double
glazing job is perhaps £10k for an average house and triple is 50% more,
then we could re-glaze 1.2 million aaverage houses in a year.

In 18 years we could have the whole country done.

Assume perhaps we target all single glazed houses - and make it a grant
system where everyone gets some fraction, enough to induce most people to do
it and put the difference into free roof insulation and grants for
"difficult" roofs that may need celotex between the rafters.

Then perhaps wall lining for solid wall houses.

And keep going in the order of best return at the instant.

Reading this on the web? See: