Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical
[email protected] lektric.dan@gmail.com is offline

Default SPSC2 Lilfe in the slow (repair) lane.

On Mar 25, 3:43*pm, Adrian Jansen wrote:

My favorite 'how not to' example is a dustpan, made with strengthening
ridges on the bottom sides of the pan, in such a way that its impossible
to put the front edge of the pan flat on the floor to pick up the
sweepings - they go underneath the raised edge on the front lip created
by the ridges. *Obviously the designer ( and any subsequent reviewers )
never used a pan.

*MY* favorite (actually, most hated...) "how not to" is the spare tire
carrier on domestic (Ford, GMC, etc.) full-size trucks. My folks had
a car repair and tire place. I've cursed out loud in front of my
mother while trying to remove/replace a tire under a truck. A
(slightly) better design is the chain hoist system used on some
smaller imports. I hope there's a special place in hell for the
Mercedes-driving engineer that designed this thing (you know HE never
changed a flat in his life!).