Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:59:51 AM UTC, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

Jethro_uk wrote:

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:31:17 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

The vast majority of respectable meteorologists have long since agreed

that global warming is a real effect and that CO2 and other greenhouse

gasses are responsible for driving it

400 years ago, the majority of respectable physicians agreed that bad

smells were the cause of disease. We really need to rid ourselves of this

conceit that we know better. We know more, certainly. But better ?

And at more or less the same time, the vast majority of teenage girls in

Salem agreed that Goody Wentworth was a witch.

Hmmm, I know, lets simplify life and pass a Bill defining pi to be

exactly 3. Enough of this irrationality.

Yeah although I'm too sure that at the age of 3 he would have made such an interesting story with on the life raft with an orangutan, a zebra, a hyena and a Bengal tiger, which would probbaly have eaten himm as a snack . :-)

--

Tim