Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On 26/03/2013 11:44, Tim Watts wrote:
On Tuesday 26 March 2013 11:31 Martin Brown wrote in uk.d-i-y:

There is a rearguard action by US coal, Exxon and it's deniers for hire
to prevent the general public hearing what scientists have to say. They
honed their disinformation skills working for big tobacco manufacturing
doubt to keep the suckers smoking. And it is a very effective tactic.

With everyone talking ******** and running with an agenda (both ways) how do
*I* know who to believe?

My position is to carry on as normal until the nonsense can be sorted out.

You say a majority of meteorologists agree that greenhouse gasses are
driving climate change. Do you have a link or a book/paper that says so? I'm
am prepared at this stage to read something thick if I have to.

The best the IPCC managed was to ask loaded questions, then use very
broad categories, rather than actual percentages of responses, to try to
imply that the answers to them showed that the majority of scientists
agreed. Reading the results carefully, I am inclined to think that about
2 out of 3 of the contributors were willing to concede that human
activity may have had some, unquantified and not necessarily
significant, effect on the climate.

Colin Bignell