Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On 26/03/13 11:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Bob Martin
writes

[Please could you snip your quotes? Thanks]

Just what does a spell of British weather have to do with global
climate?

But it's not just in the UK that we're experiencing weather extremes,
it's worldwide.

The odds of *some* part of the world experiencing a weather extreme in
any given year are about 100:1 on.

the odds of breaking a 100 year record of some kind or other in any
given year in any given country are also very high.. Greater than 50%.

"Coldest temperatures ever recorded for 2 a.m. on March the 24th, at
Oban' say weather experts.

etc etc.

The point is weather and climate have massive natural variation and we
have a very poor handle on it without introducing the straw man of AGW.

we always have experienced extreme weather events in the UK and
worldwide. They just weren't very newsworthy.

Heck nobody even HEARD of Bangladesh before the Beatles. But they had
been starving to death for decades. The world is littered with dead
civilisations who appeared to have been able to support themselves on
land which has been desert for at least 2000 years in some cases.

climate change got them.

Wasn't it East Pakistan before?

--
Rod