Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On 26/03/2013 10:36, Mike Lane wrote:
Nightjar wrote on Mar 26, 2013:

On 26/03/2013 08:23, Mike Lane wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote on Mar 26, 2013:

3) I have no particular leanings either way on the climate change
argument. Some people say the amount of sea ice has hardly changed,
some say it's massively reduced. I don't know who to believe.

I don't think there is any doubt that the arctic sea ice has reduced over
the
last decade. The fact that the north west passage is now routinely navigable
during summer months is surely sufficient evidence of this?

https://hapaglloydcruises.wordpress....hwest-passage/

Roald Amundsen navigated it at the beginning of the 20th century and...

Yes but it took him nearly three years to do it (1903 - 1906) - hardly a
pleasure cruise!

Scientific expeditions rarely are and it demonstrates that the passage
has been navigable before. As I pointed out in the rest of my post,
Hapag Lloyd don't guarantee that they will do it at all.

Colin Bignell