Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:50:31 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

big snip

What we do know is that those warm winters we had in the 80s and 90s are
gone. That we are paying a lot of money for whirligigs that even when
the wind blows steadily, don't do much. We know already that the
political class is corrupt and tells porkies. We know that many who
'deeply believe' in AGW are also making obscene amounts of money out of it,

And if we vistit the better skeptic sites - like wattsupwitthat - there
are a lot of intelligent well written posts by people who appear to be
scientifically respectable saying that AGW is at best wildly overstated
and at worst total utter bunk.

whereas te sites where the 'on message' AGW texts are promoted consist
in little more than smears, straw men refutations and ad hominen attacks
on anyone who disagrees with them. 'denier' was invented by the
skeptics, but by the AGW camp. Why?

I know who I want to be right. And it isn't the al gore fanboys.

But then, I am a bit of a scientists. And I don't have any grants to
lose. Or invcstment in renewable energy companies.

Applause

--
Terry Fields