Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On 26/03/2013 05:40, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
2) these are scientists, not greenies dressed up as scientists

They are climate scientists, which is where you usually find greenies
dressed up as scientists.

3) I have no particular leanings either way on the climate change
argument. Some people say the amount of sea ice has hardly changed,
some say it's massively reduced. I don't know who to believe.

It seems to depend upon how you measure it, when you measure it and what
you choose to compare it with. In the article it says the current levels
are near the minimum recorded for this time of year, which means it has
been lower. They don't say what the weather was like when it was at its
lowest recorded.

Colin Bignell