Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Update on 787 Battery Problems

A documentary (PBS/BBC) showed many details of the development and building
of the Boeing 777.

21st Century Jet: Making the Boeing 777.

Design developed on computers, then subcontracted to many vendors including
small independent metalworking shops.

New fabrication techniques which hadn't been used previously were applied to
the construction of miscellaneous parts and airframe components.

I've seen the series more than once and would watch it again, it's that
interesting, to me at least.

--
Cheers,
WB

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message

somebody had to say this is the final shape and these are the functional
components we need, and that had to have been boeing.

It must be a fascinating process to get everything from various suppliers
to even fit together in the first place.