Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical help. (Adding outlet to light switch box)

On Mar 25, 9:22*am, wrote:
They bothe have their own hot wire to it. The bot are tuned off by the same breaker. That much I know. I kind of thought what you said. I just wanted to tripple check.

And yes it must have been a hack job. I also noticed that one of the switches was grounded and the other one was not.

The key quesiton here is whether you have a neutral in that switch
box or not. As Derby pointed out, this looks like the feed goes to
the light and fan locations, not to the switch box. If you have no
neutral at the switch, then you can't run the outlet off of it.