Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default need schematic or pinout for Ungar 9900 soldering station. Wanna use it on a Pace Iron.

If you take the plug apart on the Ungar soldering iron cable (not fun),
you'll see there is a mini variable resistor inside the plug.. no sensor
used for the iron, in case I forgot to mention that.

The variable resistor is used to set/match the iron temp to the chart
supplied with the soldering station (so all the models have some consistency
when set to lowest to highest temp settings).

If you remove the leads to the soldering iron and put the Pace heater(s) and
ground leads in the same place, the Ungar station will provide adjustable
temperature for the Pace tweezers.

This isn't complex.. essentially the same as a light bulb circuit.

--
Cheers,
WB

"mike" wrote in message

Can't speak for yours, but my Ungar 9900AS uses two wires for the heater,
two for the temperature sensor and a safety ground.
As does the Pace SensaTemp II tweezer.
Problem is that the Pace us 100 ohm sensor.
The Ungar changes duty factor over the range from about
10K to 5K, so completely different sensor technology.

If I could find a schematic for the Ungar, I'd hack it to work
with the Pace. Just not sufficiently motivated to reverse engineer
the whole thing.