Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistor failures

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:54:13 +0000 (UTC), Bimmer Owner
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 07:20:44 -0700, jim beam wrote:

serious question - why did you buy it?

As for me, I fell sway to all the people saying how great the bimmer was.

It was only after I owned it, that I realized that BMW engineers knew
how to design a suspension and a drive train, but they had no idea
how to build a machine.

To their credit, some people say it's not the engineers fault as
they probably know by now that every single Bosch 5.7 ABS control
module fried in every one of the vehicles it was placed in, and that
the final stage unit cooked itself to death in every single BMW it
was ever placed in, and that the 2-bar plastic cooling system
sprang a leak on almost every single BMW ever built, etc.

In fact, there's absolutely NO WAY BMW can't know about these
egregious engineering flaws. So, the common conclusion is that
their customers don't care - so why should they.

To me, it smacks of 3rd-grade engineering from BMW, so, that's why
I, for one, am amazed (being an owner myself), how sophomoric BMW
engineering really is.

Disclaimer: Yet, the drive train is phenomenal!

If the engine desnt burn to the ground due to oil leaks, or overheat
or run out of oil, because of all the problems with "ancilliary
systems"