Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Bimmer Owner Bimmer Owner is offline

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:04:39 -0400, clare wrote:

So that's a possibility; but you'd have to cut the wires.

Why would you have to cut the wires????
Simply remove the fuse and connect the ammeter. You guys make your
lives so difficult

The 40 amp fuse is barely accessible (as can be seen from the photos).
It's not even easy to pull the fuse & even harder to replace it.
So, all I was saying was that it's actually rather difficult to insert
test leads into the empty fuse #F76 fuse holder.

I'd wager it 'can' be done - it's just going to take an hour or so
to get the leads in place.