Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Anyone tried LED replacements for flourescent tubes?

Are we talking visually impaired here? I think you need to be extra careful,
as some of the led units have a far worse flicker than normal tubes, and in
some cases the colour temperature is so lumpy in the visible spectrum that
many VIPs complain of the light being grainy and causing poor contrast. Far
better I think to use a good make of electronic ballast with conventional
tubes then get specific task lighting in for those who need it.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
I'd ask why?

There's a particular reason why - the lighting is for a room for use by
disabled people, some of whom have indicated an intolerance of fluorescent
lighting. We're trying to offer an economical alternative.