Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave N[_3_] Dave N[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone tried LED replacements for flourescent tubes?

Has anyone here had experience with using LED replacements for fluorescent tubes? They're becoming affordable (1200mm T8 tubes from about £20) and I was thinking of using LED tubes in a standard dual batten lampholder with polycarbonate diffuser fitted, with the ballast circuit bypassed.

What's the light quality from them like? In particular, I notice the light output seems to be directional, which will no doubt affect the light quality, but does this matter in reality?

TIA,

David.