Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Tire Air Rotation for Spring

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 19:11:48 +0000, nestork
wrote:

I'm skeptical of how much of a difference using nitrogen makes. The air
we pump into our tires is 78 percent nitrogen already, and a tire
properly installed on a rim with a new valve and stem should hold it's
pressure for years.

Theoretically, you are right. In practice, it does not always work
that way. Some of the alloy wheels have porosity and lose air.

I know of a couple of cases where air pressure would drop over a few
weeks in one wheel and tire assembly and no one could find a leak is
was so slow. I've had cars where I never put air in a tire for a
couple of years.