Yahoo

Default Table saw reviews??

The home tube is 1.5" vert and the commercial tube is 2". The right
extension table is is clearly more than 1.5" and the tube appears to
be roughly same vertical thickness of the ext table
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message .. .
"Gary" wrote in message
Look again. In the full product description tab it says "Cast iron table
and 12 in. wide extension wings with 12 in. table board, rear ext. table".
Under product specs it says
"Table Dimensions w/Extensions 48-1/2 x 56 in. "
Thus 48.5" - 12" = 36.5"

I looked the first time. Look for the comma. Yes, the table is 48 1/2"
overall, but the extension table is not 12" from what I read.

What is the grammatical difference between:

a.. Cast iron table and 12 in. wide extension wings with 12 in. table board,
rear ext. table

Cast iron table and 12" wide extension wings with 12 in. table board and it
also has a rear extension.

That is what the comma is saying. It changes how you read things. First
line was copied from the web page.

Read the description in context.
I bought apples, bananas, peaches, and cream.
I bought apples, bananas, peaches and cream

In the first line I bought four items, in the second I bought three items.
Peaches and cream is a packaged item.

In the first part, it designates a 12" extension, the cast iron they talk
about, then there is an added 12" table board, making it 24" total extension
on that side. Then there is a comma. The comma designates a new item in the
listing, in this case a rear extension table. They give no dimension for a
rear extension table. They give no dimension for the basis saw with no
extensions. They do say that there is a left cast iron of 12", a right cast
iron of 12" a right table board of 13" making up 36 of the 56 inch total.
thus the basic width is 20". Standard saws start out at about 20 x 27. Look
at the basic saw on the Grizzly web site an it may show what I mean. You
have to add side extension. Most saw have the.

A table board is NOT a rear extension. I stand by my original comments on
the fence size. The Bies fence, compared to fences typically found on low
or medium priced table saws maybe can be considered commercial quality, I
guess, but I do not think they are giving you the Bies Commercial version as
described on the Bies web page and sales literature.

Ed