Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Preserving electrical tape?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 3/24/2013 8:31 AM, KenK wrote:
Seems like every time I need some electical tape the roll is dried out
and
won't stick. I use it rarely - perhaps only once a year - so I can't
really
blame it - even though it's name brand - 3M.

Anyone know how to make it last longer? I keep it in a closed plastic
box.
Perhaps the refrigerator, which works for batteries? I hate to keep
buying
new rolls of electric or soft rubber tapes just for one use.

Ideas? Tips?

Never been a problem here--I just throw it in the drawer in the shop
(unheated, SW KS so is both +100/-10F) and it's as good as new for years
afaict....

Same here, I never had a problem with the 3M brand of electrical tape. When
I was working I may use several rolls in a week and also have a roll on my
tool belt that may stay on for several months or more before I use all of
it. Some gets put in my tool box for several years at a time.