Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default yamaha RX-V365 Receiver

WLD_Bill wrote:
Pressed power button, unit powers off after 3 seconds.

Bypassed protection mode by holding "Effect" & "Night" buttons while
pressing power button.
Unit displayed the code "PRD PRT 210"

Manual states as follows....

When there is a history of protection function due to abnormal DC
output

PRD PRT:xxx (xxx AD value when the protection function is working)

Cause: DC output of the power amplifier is abnormal.

Supplementary information:
The protection function worked due to a DC voltage appearing at the
speaker terminal.
A cause could be a defect in the amplifier.
If the power is turned on with the abnormality unsolved, the
protection function works in about 3 seconds to turn
off the power.

Ideas where to start? LOL.... DC voltage appearing at the speaker
terminal? None showed
up with a DVM

Maybe something got lost in the translation. DC output of the power
amplifier will only show up at the speaker terminals if the speaker relay is
energized. It's not clear to me what protection functons are being bypassed
by pressing the "Effect" & "Night" buttons. In other words, check the DC at
the power amp output before it goes to the protection relay. Other than
that, perhaps our resident Yamaha expert, Mark Z. will chime in with some
advice. (-:

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA