Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT A good read.

On Sunday 24 March 2013 18:48 The Natural Philosopher wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On 24/03/13 18:22, Tim Watts wrote:
On Sunday 24 March 2013 15:05 harry wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The way forward is to use less.
I use less than zero energy, so everyone could do the same and should
be.

There's "less" and "practically none".

It might have been cheaper to offer free insulation and triple glazing to
everyone that build those bloody windmills and subsidised FIT schemes.

But no, you'd rather sit on your arse and whine.

Well, yeah. It's not my job to run the bloody country. Unless I could
just walk into Westmeinster and say "Hello, I'm your new minister for
long term energy planning", there's **** all a lone voice like me, or
anyone can do about it.

the one thing you can do is vote UKIP inm the upcoming local elections

I plan to...

and tell your local MP (as I did) that I will never ever vote for anyone
who 'believes in renewable energy' again.

Good move. I will do tha...

The only thing I can do to try to point people I know to data like TNP's
excellent Gridwatch (that got a mention, well, 2 mentions, on ARRSE
earlier BTW, so people are noticing) - and alert people to the fact that
the country's energy supply is in a dangerous mess.

And the coalition are playing pushmepullyou with it for totally selfish
political reasons, and the mess was in fact down to Miliband.

Reading this on the web? See: