Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT A good read.

On 24/03/13 14:54, harry wrote:
On Mar 24, 1:53 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,

harry wrote:
On Mar 24, 4:03 am, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/03/2013 17:08, harry wrote:
Its called learning, its part of doing *anything*.
The problem is the consequenses of that learning process.
Nuclear power has been a succession of broken promises,

Not promises made by the nuclear power industry.

covered up failures and increasingly expensive accidents.

If the japanese choose to spend unnecessary amounts of dosh why is that
anyone's fault but their own. It's another example of a *political*
solution to a non-problem being adopted, and then the nuclear industry
being blamed for the consequences of the "solution".

The more nuclear power station we have, the greater chance
of another accident.

Where no one will die, and no one will be injured. So your point is
*what* precisely?

We are a small crowded island. A Fukushima here would be a calamity.

No it wouldn't. Lie 1.

These are supposed to be one in a thousand year disasters.

Says who? and it wasnt a disater.

Lie 2.

So that means once we have a thousand reactors we have a disaster
every year?

If we had a thoousand reactors we coud power the whole of Europe..good
export business.

I suppose if we had ten in this country, that would be on a century. I
suppose it only takes fifty years to clean up.

No, about tow years.

And who pays?

The operating company by and large.

The Japs will fix up the tsunami damage in ten years or less. Even
they reckon on forty/fifty years to clear up the radio activity.

No they don't. it will be done this year.

Lie 3.

Maybe not many died as a direct result but plenty died/had their lives
ruined as indirect consequenses.

No they haven't lie 4.

How would you feel if you had to move out of your home and loose
everything?

A lot happier for a one in ten thiusand chance of minor radiation
temporarily than altogether because someone put 10,000 windmills up
around it.

Or because I could no longer afford to heat it because a bunch of SPIVS
had trebled my energy costs.

You think your insurance would cover it all.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eb74d6ec-0...#axzz2OT8lWJEI

Have a look at your own insurance.

And if you want to talk about money.
http://transitionculture.org/2011/03...alexis-rowell/

keep looking for more unfounded and fact free opinion.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.