Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT A good read.

On Mar 24, 4:03*am, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/03/2013 17:08, harry wrote:

On Mar 23, 1:01 pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/03/2013 08:31, harry wrote:

Note that things have just got worse since this one.

How do you come to that conclusion harry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire

Very old news...

--

Well we are still having the accidents in spite of the assurances.

How many harry? Is it a big number? How do they compare to accident
rates in other generation technologies?

And they keep getting bigger and more expensive to clear up.

Are you sure you are not imagining that? Was Chernobyl not "bigger" than
Fukishima?

Interesting to read about what was did and what was hid at the
time.

There are skeletons in every industry closet...

Radioactive ones are much harder to hide!

Interesting too that if the filters had not been fitted the outcome
would have been far worse.. You can just imagine TurNiP saying,
"Complete load of ********, we don't need 'em"

Interesting too the risks they were prepared to take and
the ignorance.

Its called learning, its part of doing *anything*.

The problem is the consequenses of that learning process.
Nuclear power has been a succession of broken promises,
covered up failures and increasingly expensive accidents.

The more nuclear power station we have, the greater chance
of another accident.