nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

That saying that every dark clowd has a silver lining rings true here.

No one wants to live under the thumb of a tyranical dictator, but at least when you pay your taxes to a tyranical dictator, that dictator considers that income to be HIS money, and spends it as carefully as any of us would spend our own money.

That just doesn't work in a democracy where you have to promise to spend more than all of the other candidates to get elected. It's a fundamental flaw that the ancient Greeks seem to have overlooked.

What we need is a system where we democratically elect a tyranical dictator. That is, much the same system as we have now, but where once the elected candidate gets into office, he doesn't keep any of his election promises. Instead, he comes up with some story about not realizing how bad a financial mess the previous government had left the country in until he got into office and saw the books and blah blah blah blah blah...

...or, pretty much the same system as we have now.

Last edited by nestork : March 24th 13 at 05:35 AM