Posted to rec.woodworking
-Steve- -Steve- is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

Bill wrote in
:

Bill wrote:

How about securing the saw to a square plywood base (4 bolts), then
using about 12 more bolts to secure that base say 1" above another
plywood base, using 3 nuts to accomplish this for the latter 12 (one
at the bottom securing the bolt to the lower base, and one above and
below the top base).

Anyone think this is a good idea? Here is a pic of one of the 12 (hex)
bolts I mented along with the 2 plywood bases:

| |
---------------------------
---------------------------
| | | |
| |
| |
| | | |
---------------------------
|__|

Bill,

I used to mount goosenecks for Telephone entry systems and card readers
for apartment complexes and that is exactly the method I used. I would
put bolts into the base and with one nut above the mounting plate and
another below. I believe that this is the same method they use around
here for street lights in parking lots. With 12 bolts you should be able
to account for any sag you might get in the middle.

Steve