Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default applying india ink over minwax stain?

On 3/22/2013 1:54 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:24:15 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

Like Cars,

Buy a Rolls Royce pay an additional $30,000 for the special option paint

job. Take the car home, whip out K-Marts best exterior latex paint

and repaint your brand new Rolls.

Like jewelery with Diamonds?

Buy a ring with a single 10 caret diamond. Take it to the local watch

repair shop and have him break the diamond into a bunch of 1/4 caret

diamonds, take them to your dentist and have them imbedded in your front

teeth so that you really have a smile that shines.

Like Gucci products?

Buy a $15,000 what ever with a Gucci label on it and decorate it with

your "bedazzler kit".

Like wood floors?

Sand your Mesquite floor and stain it a very dark color to hide all of

its beauty. Hell, paint it with the K-Mart latex paint.

With talent and artistic sensibilities like these Leon, you can become a

redneck decorator!! There must be at least a million or two down home

country folk in your neighborhood who would appreciate this inspired craftsmanship. ;-)

LOL, I just could not help myself.. Mesquite floors IMHO are the best of

all worlds, it is a very hard wood, gorgeous and does not move more than

2% from tree to floor.

So sorry to make everyone so upset.

Ok, for the record I think I was the only one that was upset. ;~)
Sorry, it is your floor to do with what you will.

We just love dark floors and the mesquite that was in this house was a
light orange color...with that being said the wood is beautiful...just
did not stain well....

Perhaps that is a sign!

So I have another question...we still have only 1 coat of minwax stain on floor, can we use zinsser dewaxed seal coat and stir in india ink (water based) thoroughly then apply to floors. Then apply two coats of oil based poly?

You will continue to get numerous suggestions as to how to proceed. I
suggest you take Swingman's suggestion and get a pro involved. Get some
one else to paint your Rolls. ;~)