Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SSE boss Ian Marchant warns of risk of "lights going out"

On 22/03/13 08:27, harry wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:15 am, Bill wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

On Mar 21, 1:59 pm, Phil wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21878059

You need to make sure you can manage in your house without
electricity.
Most people's heating/cooking dependson it.

I'm almost looking forward to it!

I've not had a decent power cut since installing the 7KVA genny a few
years ago. It has had more test hours on it than real usage hours.

Probably a comment best for other news groups, but if it happens it will
be nice to be able to listen on HF without all the local PLT/PLA QRM
too. :-)

--
Bill

Not actually that useful in a prolonged power cut.

In any event. if your lights are on and everyone elses are off, you
will become a hate figure.

Even if you have solar PV you become a hate figure to the jealous,
idle, stupid and incompetant.

like those who can't even spell incompetent you mean?

Explain to me how solar PV will keep your lights on after dark?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.