Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default SSE boss Ian Marchant warns of risk of "lights going out"

On Mar 21, 6:18*pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Yes I have no gas whatsoever here. I do trust that the idiots keep a few
coal stations mothballed and ready to go for those times when existing
conditions will be outside the parameters of the system, as I heard some
idiot say the other day.
*Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
Blind user."harry" wrote in message

On Mar 21, 1:59 pm, Phil wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21878059

You need to make sure you can manage in your house without
electricity.
Most people's heating/cooking dependson it.

It's not easy/cheap to "mothball" a power station.

The owners are eager to shut them down, they will save money. If
there are any power cuts, they can blame the government.

"Greenies" have been predicting this situation for decades.
The main reason we are in it is down to inaction by the gov. and the
privatisation of our energy services.

Probably next Winter will be crunch time. You need to prepare for it.

Make sure you have alternative heating arrangements and before Winter,
lay some essentials in, (food fuel).

This Summer you need to think about getting any fireplaces you might
have working. Ideally get a stove.