Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dealing with insurance adjusters

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:15:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 20, 11:30*am, "TomR" wrote:
Any experiences with how to deal with insurance adjusters for
roof damage and interior water damage repairs, eg re-taping drywall,
painting?

*And then they will only pay to replace the one slope, ie section.
So, I ask what about the fact that 4 roof slopes face the street and
three have extensive damage? * You'll only replace 3? *Answer:
Yes. *I said, but it's not going to match, it will look like hell.
Her answer: *We only pay to repair or replace what's damaged,
not for cosmetics......

Any experience with independent adjusters? *I'm *wondering if I
should try to find one by Fri to be here to try to reason with her?

Sounds as if she probably is in the ballpark, and you're looking to
get something for nothing.

I suppose if you got in a fender bender, you would want the entire car
replaced. *Insurance companies only replace what is damaged.

Quit trying to get a handout, and get a job.

He has a job, and he wisely uses some of the money that he earns to purchase
insurance coverage for the property that he owns. *All he is doing is asking
the insurance company to do their job, do what he pays his insurance
premiums for, and make him whole by covering the reasonable costs that he
will incur to repair the damage that was caused by the covered hazard (the
storm).- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. That's exactly how I saw it. Apparently in krw's simple
mind, he agrees that the correct way to figure out painting costs
is to take the area of a wall, then subtract the area of the 7 windows
and

Idiot. It's HomoGay playing his childish games.

2 doors. Then multiply the small area left by the cheapest per square
foot painting cost, like a builder would pay to have wide open walls
sprayed white, with no flooring, etc in to even worry about. Then
say it costs very little, because there is little wall area left.
Those windows and doors add $$$ because of all the
cutting in that's involved. If it was just an open wall, you
could roll it in minutes and the cost of labor exceeds the
cost of the paint saved. That's how you lowball $600 or $1100
for a job that should be several times that. How many trips
for example does it take to do this job because stuff has to
be done in sequence:

Re-tape drywall, 3 coats of mud
Apply stainkiller
Two coats of paint