Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Problem with clothes dryer not getting hot enough: How do youtest a sensor?

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:42:31 PM UTC-4, Retired wrote:
On 3/21/13 10:14 PM, Amanda Ripanykhazova wrote:

Yes, it is a w/d combination unit but the washer bit works properly. The point is that in a past repair, the manufacturer replaced the wiring but for some reason kept the plastic casing around the connectors which look burned.

I thought that the sensor had gone and spent a large amount of money on a new sensor before discovering this. When I came to replace it, I discovered that the sensor in the unit LOOKS new. So now i am wondering whether it is sending the wrong message to the heater element or whether it is the heater element which has gone bad.

So I was wondering how to test each (or whether something else is bad on this unit)

Since it is a combo w/d, and if the clothes are really wetter after a

dry cycle, I would suspect that there is a leak in the internal water

system. And the heat element can't overcome the leaked water.

Likely the water control valve. As a experiment, can you close an

External input water valve before a dry cycle starts ??

Yes, I can close the water input valve but the unit then wont start.

Tried the site you mentioned but it doesnt list any of the names this unit goes under: Euro-Pro, M alber, etc. I think it was probably made by Indesit but dont think there is an Indesit model number!

The unit looks like a gigantic number of other units by lots of manufacturers but I suspect that one company makes the external casings for all these machines in Italy and sells them on, So you cant easily identify it. That was wny I was trying to look at how to test components.