Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing vent problem

On Mar 21, 6:20*pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 21, 11:10*am, JIMMIE wrote:

My toilet doesnt aways flush *and I suspect it is a vent problem. The vent is in a wall opposite the toilet and 8ft away. Sometimes the toilet flushes OK and sometimes it doesnt.Everything in the toilet is working as it should and sometimes it "belches" back up. Shower and lav which are on the same wall as the vent work well. Pipes are clear. The toilet is mounted an outside wall and there is a PVC cleanout there. I was thinking of installing a vent off the cleanout but I dont know how to make the connection to the cleanout. The end of the cleanout is flush with the brick foundation. Advice about proper fittings to do this would help.

TIA
Jimmie

How long have you had the problem, how old is the house, have you
tried to clean the vent from the roof???? *Too many things left unsaid.

Yes, running a snake or garden hose down the vent from
the roof would be my first step.