Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default applying india ink over minwax stain?

On 3/21/2013 5:08 PM, wrote:
They are mesquite floors.
We will try your idea of another coat of stain...should we try and only restain areas that are lighter? Or do you we just stain the whole uneven floor? What about our idea for adding some stain to first layer of poly?

You would be better off, IME, concentrating on the lighter areas IF you
have the expertise. Just adding more stain to the entire floor is just
going to keep most of the contrast between the light and dark intact.

Unless you're willing to start over, which may still be your ultimate
solution, you really need some professional help to do your floors justice.

Continuing on your current course, and judging from your questions, you
are on a collision course with making matters worse ... get some
competent, professional help, ASAP, _before_ doing anything else.

--
eWoodShop:
www.eWoodShop.com