Charlie Mraz

Default Table saw reviews??

I have the opportunity to pick up this table saw pretty cheap (~$600)
new.

http://tinyurl.com/2548w

I can't seem to find any info on this saw.

I does have a Biesemeyer commercial fence.

Any comments.

Biesemeyer makes two grades of fence (both good) and from what I can see,
this is not their "commercial" version. What makes a fence "commercial"
anyway? Sort of subjective.

A commercial fence, in addition to a 42" vs. 36" fence bar, has a 2"x3"
front rail tube v 1.5"x2.5". They both come with lifetime warranties for
home use, though. It does appear to be the commercial version to me, it's
what I have on my DW746.

It does have a closed base, but I'd hesitate to all it a cabinet saw. It

is
belt drive, but the traditional cabinet saw has three belts and a 3 hp
motor. This has unknown number of belts and a 1 3/4 hp motor.

The rear extension may be nice to have if you don't have to add another
outfeed table. .

The right side table board looks cheesy, but it does have some cast iron

in
the right. I'd put in a larger board and a couple of legs.

It may be a very good saw for the money, but it is not to be compared to a
Unisaw in spite of the cosmetics. Just be aware of what you are buying.

I'd say it will be comparable to the DeWalt DW746 and the Jet SuperSaw. And
that fence is worth over $300 by itself, so I'd say that's a good deal. I'd
be interested to know whether the trunnions attach to the cabinet as in a
true cabinet saw or to the bottom of the table as in a contractor's saw (and
the DW746 at least, I don't know about the Jet).

Charlie