Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

"Swingman" wrote in message

An "extension" to the fence is not an "exception", but is in actuality
still using the fence.

I'll say it again, you want to get hurt on a miter saw sooner or
later, practice cutting without using the fence, you will live to
regret it.

...that and using a blade with a lot of positive rake. I learned that
the hard way when I mounted my Freud Ultimate Crosscut blade on the CMS.
It would pick up short cut offs and wing them violently... I didn't
realize what was causing the problem initially and ended up damaging the
blade guard. That blade works just fine on the table saw... Stick with
neutral or negative rake teeth on the CMSs... My Forrest Chopmaster
blade leaves cutoffs laying on the saw and if they vibrate into the
blade before it stops they just sit there.

I think that was the problem too with mine before I destroyed my
Makita,, I had the 80tooth Freud, and it lifted the piece up and I had
kick back. Freud replaced the blade, (everyone here told me I must not
have had it against the fence,but it happened again after the
replacement blade came in, and yes I had it against the fence.

My older blade never had that happen, so I came to the same conclusion
that the rake (even though they said it was for miter saws) was too much
for the CMS...

That was a costly blade to have to learn that on.

--
Jeff