Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

...that and using a blade with a lot of positive rake. I learned that
the hard way when I mounted my Freud Ultimate Crosscut blade on the CMS.
It would pick up short cut offs and wing them violently... I didn't
realize what was causing the problem initially and ended up damaging the
blade guard. That blade works just fine on the table saw... Stick with
neutral or negative rake teeth on the CMSs... My Forrest Chopmaster
blade leaves cutoffs laying on the saw and if they vibrate into the
blade before it stops they just sit there.

My lesson was similar some 35 years ago, cutting an angle on the end of
a longer board without backing up the cut with the fence/or clamps ...
luckily all I lost were four finger nails on my left hand (and a months
worth of bass gigs) when the blade hit a defect and slammed the board
against the fence, taking my hand with it.

The speed at which it happened still makes me shiver at the thought.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net