Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default 19" to 21" 4:3 flat-screen televisions?

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:39:06 AM UTC-7, Tegger wrote:

I am looking for a 19" to 21" 4:3 aspect-ratio flat-screen television (not
a monitor). Size isn't an issue, instead it's the aspect ratio.

If you REALLY want this, just get a 4:3 monitor that has DVI input, and
connect to a digital component tuner (some DVD recorders have such
a tuner builtin, and there are some cable boxes that do this). I'm
guessing you want an ATSC tuner (US broadcast), and will require
a HDMI to DVI cable to wire it up. Audio is a separate issue, as is
the programming of a suitable remote control.

Typically, you get to choose letterbox or cropped or scaled screen
when this kind of lash-up is done. Customer choice...