Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default 19" to 21" 4:3 flat-screen televisions?

Tegger formulerede spørgsmålet:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but it seemed logical to guess
that those interested in electronics repair may have the answer I seek.

I am looking for a 19" to 21" 4:3 aspect-ratio flat-screen television (not
a monitor). Size isn't an issue, instead it's the aspect ratio.

This is for my 86-year-old mother, who has a dying CRT TV and does not like
the new wide-screen format. She wants exactly what she has right now: a
19" "normal-looking" television..

Take a big (cardbox) box, cut a hole in aspect ratio 4:3, paint it to
look like the TV she bought in 1955 and put a modern TV inside.

Does she want to squash the picture together, miss the left and right
part, or letterbox-format with bars at the top or bottom.

Or tell her to grow up and accept the fact that one cannot always get
what one likes.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.