Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

"Swingman" wrote in message

An "extension" to the fence is not an "exception", but is in actuality
still using the fence.

I'll say it again, you want to get hurt on a miter saw sooner or later,
practice cutting without using the fence, you will live to regret it.

....that and using a blade with a lot of positive rake. I learned that the
hard way when I mounted my Freud Ultimate Crosscut blade on the CMS. It
would pick up short cut offs and wing them violently... I didn't realize
what was causing the problem initially and ended up damaging the blade
guard. That blade works just fine on the table saw... Stick with neutral or
negative rake teeth on the CMSs... My Forrest Chopmaster blade leaves
cutoffs laying on the saw and if they vibrate into the blade before it stops
they just sit there.