Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default compression gauge puzzler

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 06:32:46 -0700 (PDT), Ken Grunke
wrote:

Wild_Bill wrote:
In the section where the button is, there should probably be a check valve
which holds the pressure in the gage until the user presses the button.

Nope, it's just the release valve. That works fine. I can blow into the hose with all my cheekmuscles, and the button will release the pressure - there is nothing between the gauge and the plug adapter, only a free passage. Same with the old gauge, it has only the release valve. That one is a Schrader valve in a T-fitting just below the gauge which is plainly seen in my first pictu
http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/im...iongauge01.jpg

I am assuming there has to be a separate check valve INLINE between the plug adapter and the gauge below the release valve. That is what I am missing. It may be a fitting I had, but absent-mindedly misplaced.

Yes, and they usually fit into the line as you assumed. My old
Snap-On has some at the air fitting end and some at the plug end.
Look for internal threads at both ends of your adapter, Ken.
The only thing which may be missing is a schrader valve insert.

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle