Charlie Self

Default AOL admin address

I think things are going to very soon dribble to a stop with me and AOL.
Checked a bank statement today, and no matter how I work it, AOL has managed
to overcharge me by $34.20. Trying to get a sensible answer out of the "help"
person on line "Chat for Free" is about as useful as teats on a broom handle,
with him telling me what my monthly charges are, what my monthly use is, the
reason they charged for two months in one month, and on. He could, he said,
find no payment for $120.90, implying, I guess, it was my fault. Or I inferred
that. Direct withdrawal from my bank, though, shows the payment, which has to
be initiated by AOL.

He can give an explanation for the rest, and did so in as obtuse a manner as
possible, while still insulting my intelligence.

So I gave up, told him thanks for not much, and tried the phone number. I
honestly believe that's an endless loop, as the same message was repeated and
repeated and repeated ad infinitum over a 35 minute period while some nasal
female who can't carry a tune blasted my eardrums in the interims. At the 35
minute mark, I hung up because there had been no sign of life, intelligent or
otherwise, in that time.

So, it is time to write directly to AOL. Thing is, finding their office address
is not exactly simple. I just wondered if anyone on the rec has some guidance
there. Google gives so many hits I could be 3 days sorting them out.

I need to find a saner reference source and just retain AOL at minimum cost for
the year or so it will take to clear everything off. But that has to wait until
I get moved. I want a local place, if possible. Somewhere I can go scream in
the proprieter's face when he/she screws things up, as he/she will, as that's a
given when working on anything with computers.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary