Charlie Self

Default Table saw reviews??

Ed Pawlowski responds:

It does have a closed base, but I'd hesitate to all it a cabinet saw. It is
belt drive, but the traditional cabinet saw has three belts and a 3 hp
motor. This has unknown number of belts and a 1 3/4 hp motor.

Sears doesn't call it a cabinet saw. They say it has a "cabinet-style stand".
For basic info, the current PM 66 uses two belts on 3 and 5 HP motors. There is
no need, in almost any case, for more than a single belt on a 1-3/4 HP motor.

The right side table board looks cheesy, but it does have some cast iron in
the right. I'd put in a larger board and a couple of legs

It doesn't really look any cheesier than the particleboard extensions on Jet
and Delta cabinet saws.

Sears does state it's a Biese commercial fence in their catalog blurb.

I'll get a chance to at least look at the saw in a couple weeks. I'm very
interested in how it looks and works, as the current 3 contractors' saws in the
Craftsman line are major departures from what has gone before in both
apeparance and features.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary