Edwin Pawlowski

Default Table saw reviews??

"John Pilhoefer" wrote in message
I have the opportunity to pick up this table saw pretty cheap (~$600) new.

http://tinyurl.com/2548w

I can't seem to find any info on this saw.

I does have a Biesemeyer commercial fence.

Any comments.

Biesemeyer makes two grades of fence (both good) and from what I can see,
this is not their "commercial" version. What makes a fence "commercial"
anyway? Sort of subjective.

It does have a closed base, but I'd hesitate to all it a cabinet saw. It is
belt drive, but the traditional cabinet saw has three belts and a 3 hp
motor. This has unknown number of belts and a 1 3/4 hp motor.

The rear extension may be nice to have if you don't have to add another
outfeed table. .

The right side table board looks cheesy, but it does have some cast iron in
the right. I'd put in a larger board and a couple of legs.

It may be a very good saw for the money, but it is not to be compared to a
Unisaw in spite of the cosmetics. Just be aware of what you are buying.
Ed