Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default carpet 'bobbles'

On 3/19/2013 2:17 AM, pebe wrote:
nestork;3031835 Wrote:
I really had no clear idea of what he meant by "bobbles" either, but
since he put that term in quotes, I reasoned that Pebe didn't know the
correct technical term, so he made up a word to describe what he was
seeing on his carpet, and I imagined a bobble to look like a hair ball a
cat might cough up, but only smaller, dry, and made out of carpet
fibers.

Yes, that's right. Tiny balls of material about 2 to 3mm dia. See this
link for devices to remove woolen balls from sweaters etc. I could not
think of another way to describe them.

'bobble remover - Bing' (http://tinyurl.com/d977m3a)

80/20 carpet is a description used by the carpet shop for a mixed wool
and fibre carpet. I assume it refers to the percentage of each material
in the mix.

We used a cylinder cleaner without brushes until I found out about turbo
brushes. We now use one of those but it does not help with the problem.

I didn't know they still made wool carpet ) I'd contact the carpet
company....may tell you it is "normal" (it sure seems so with wool
sweaters). Friction seems to aggravate the pilling (as with sweaters,
inside of sleeve rubs against other clothing)...so, is this in high
traffic areas? do y'all wear slippers with smooth soles? Pets?

I'd be inclined (not knowing what else to do) to dab the pills with duct
tape or brush with one of those short wire brushes used for pets.