Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Ford car stereo F87F-18C815-BB drains car battery.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 01:04:49 +0000 (UTC), gregz

Looked for #54 nope. I used to have lamp tables. Google can be useless on
old stuff.

That's true. Although I t hink the net is the underlying problem.
I worked in an election in 1970 where we lost by 4 votes out of 50,000
cast, and there's basically nothing about it on google. (And even
though I was from out of town, I talked to 4 people the next day who
said they meant to vote for my guy, but didn't get around to it. )

I hate when I open the door on my avalanche, and I hear the navigation disk
being read. Key off.

Wow.

I once had a ford leaking amperage. Found leaky brake switch. Light was on
dim in the dark, sometimes.

Wow. Bad switch design, I guess. I can imagine a closed switch not
being well closed, but open should surely be open. I guess I should
check my brake lights now.

Greg