Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Dealing with insurance adjusters

wrote in message

Any experiences with how to deal with insurance adjusters for
roof damage and interior water damage repairs, eg re-taping drywall,
painting?

WW

Any ideas on what to do?

After you are done with this mess dump Allstate. They did my dad dirty on
his claim. I have had American Family insurance for more than 25 years one
residences and vehicles. Have had several claims in those years. They took
care of things better that I thought it would cost. Have $500 deductible on
house 1900 square feet and full basement, oversized 2 car garage. Live in
area that has high winds several times a year. Last year stripped the
shingles and "tar paper??" from rear roof side. Estimate was made at
$3450.00 Roofer completely redone it perfect. Cost was $2825.00. So
insurance company waved the deductible. Our policy covers full replacement
at increased costs when claim is made . Insurance cost per year is less
than $600.00 WW